Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Excuses, excuses, and a discovery.

Based on the number of days left in August, and the plans for those days, and the number of posts left to make 31...I might not make it. Now let's not get all Pharisaical about this. The important thing is that I blogged frequently in August. Also, how on earth am I supposed to start going to bed early when midnight arrives so quickly out of the blue! I need to start setting an alarm for 9pm, so I can go to bed on time.
Also, today I discovered Dag Hammarskjöld.  I was looking for quotes about loneliness (I'm not lonely currently, but I have been in the past, and was reflecting on it...I wanted to find something like, "The only cure for loneliness is to realize that other people might be lonely too, and reach out to them." But I couldn't find it. Or, I stopped looking), and found this one:
‎"Never, 'for the sake of peace and quiet,' deny your own experience or convictions. The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others. Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for. Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was." Dag Hammarskjöld
So I did a little bit of research and found that Geneva's library has this book that was published after his untimely death (this description is better of the book, I think). So I immediately walked over and checked it out.  I am only a little ways into the forward, but I already like it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...