Thursday, September 8, 2011

Markings, Part 7

The post that started it all.

31. The responsibility for our mistakes is ours, but not the credit for our achievements. Man's freedom is a freedom to betray God. God may love us -- yes -- but our response is voluntary. (97)

32. Beside our need for a meaning, also a need for human intimacy without conventional trappings -- for the experience of a circle where power expresses itself in meaningful and beautiful forms. The holiness of human life, before which we bow down in worship. (99)

33. Thou who art over us,
Thou who art one of us,
Thou who art --
Also within us,
May all see Thee -- in me also,
May I prepare the way for Thee,
May I think Thee for all that shall fall to my lot,
May I also not forget the needs of others,
Keep me in Thy love
As Thou wouldest that all should be kept in mine.
May everything in this my being be directed to Thy glory
And may I never despair.
For I am under Thy hand,
And in Thee is all power and goodness. (100)

34. Give me a pure heart -- that I may see Thee,
A humble heart -- that I may hear Thee,
A heart of love -- that I may serve Thee,
A heart of faith -- that I may abide in Thee. (100)

35. The "unheard-of" -- to be in the hand of God.
Once again a reminder that this is all that remains for you to live for -- and once more the feeling of disappointment which shows how slow you are to learn. (100)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...