Top 5 reasons I like to make the soap:
- The more soap you make, the more cost effective it is!
- It combines so many fun things: science, art, home economics, etc
- It takes all the things I like about baking, and all the things I wish were involved in baking, and combines them (preparing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.....and then leaving the project to sit for 24+ hours, and then cutting it up and then letting it sit for a few more weeks...and then using it. And the product not only doesn't expire, it gets better the longer it sits).
- Safety goggles and rubber gloves are very in style in our apartment right now.
- The possibilities are endless when it comes to different soap recipes, and learning/inventing them (I am not to the point where I know enough to invent a recipe).
|All of the ingredients are edible....except the lye (or, Sodium Hydroxide, or caustic soda...or, as you can see, drain opener....they're all the same. You don't want to eat this. This is the reason for the safety goggles and rubber gloves).|
|Also added some ground coffee and ground walnuts, as exfoliants.|
|I just liked the motion and color in this one.|
|No peaking until tomorrow!|