Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Markings, Part 13
61. We have to acquire a peace and balance of mind such that we can give every word of criticism its due weight, and humble ourselves before every word of praise. (151)
62. This being so, your endeavor to reach the goal should have taught you to rejoice when others reach it. (153)
63. The answer -- the hard straight brutal answer: in the One you are never alone, in the One you are always at home. (154)
64. Result and reaction -- The intense blaze of your anxiety reveals to what a great extent you are still fettered, still alienated from the One.
However, don't worry about this or anything else, but follow the Way of which you are aware, even when you have departed from it.
"Nevertheless, not as I will, but as Thou wilt." (154)
65. Do not look back. And do not dream about the future, either. It will neither give you back your past, nor satisfy your other daydreams. Your duty, your reward -- your destiny -- are here and now. (157)