Sunday, March 13, 2011
Learning to sew.
Well. Maybe you remember this post. Two months later, I decided to do some more sewing on this project. So I took that layout of the squares and sewed four big squares that were each made up of nine smaller squares. Then I cut those four big squares into four squares each. I spent an evening with the sixteen new squares, arranging and rearranging them. I came up with this arrangement, but wasn't sure that I liked it:
I took a picture in case I couldn't remember how to put it back together if I needed to.
Then, after some rearranging, I came up with one that was more pleasing to my eyes:
And then I sewed those squares together:
After watching a few more tutorials on YouTube, I figured that I probably needed more/different fabric for my borders, so I set it aside.
With the scraps from my miniature quilt, and a couple more tutorials, I made this:
It's a coffee cup cozy. Not sure if I like it or not, or if it is functional. Will test it out to see what adjustments need to be made. Perhaps I will make a billion of them! We shall see.