Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Helpful resource, for me at least

Taking a look back at my post that was clearly written out of some reverse culture shock angst, I decided to delete it. It doesn't mean that I still don't have some of those same feelings, but it does mean that I am going to try to be less rant-like about them.  I want to be a likable blogger, not someone who is always disagreeing with something (or, if I do disagree, to do it better).  Anyway, I didn't like it, so I deleted it.

All that to say, I am still trying to figure out what it means for me to be a good citizen, and to eventually come out of the political closet once and for all. So I decided that the best place to start would be to really read the constitution.  I mean, really read it.  Not just skim it.  Not just pull out one part that I like or don't like.  Maybe I will use some of the same principles that one might use while reading the Bible.  But maybe that's not a good comparison.  I just thought that any citizen worth their salt has probably studied this thing.

So.  I will try to read the constitution.  Hopefully it is helpful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...