Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reviewing 2012

Well, apparently I made some resolutions last year. Six of them. Let's see how I did, shall we?

1. The Birthday Project 
I did not do this, nor did I make an effort to. I can't say that I will do better next year on my birthday. The only thing I can hope for is to hopefully do 30 acts of kindness before I turn 31. But I'm not making that a resolution for 2013.

2. Less Snark, More Positivity
There were plenty of opportunities for this in 2012, that's for sure. There isn't really measurable way to know if I was less snarky, but I like to think I was. I am continually working on being more positive, even if it just means that I refrain from saying the snarky thoughts that so quickly come to my mind.

3. Show Interest
Trying to. Hard when all I really want to do is talk about my baby. But like #2, it is something I consciously am thinking about when interacting with people. Whether I take action on these thoughts is still iffy.

4. Soap
I did not open an Etsy shop (well, actually I did, but I never posted anything on it or told anyone about it). Being pregnant and soap-making did not go hand-in-hand for me. But I do want to continue to make soap. I do love it. But as it is now, I think only for a hobby and to give away, not to sell (I really can't compete with all of the million other soap shops on Etsy at this point). My sister on the other hand, *did* open an Etsy shop. And I am happy to promote it here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/emvintagethrift

5. Finish Well
I did. Yay for completing seminary and having a Master's degree!

6. Blog more
The numbers don't lie. I blogged very little in 2012. Still trying to figure out what this blog will be in 2013. Probably expect more things like the Advent project, if anything. In trying to be less snarky, I've also had less to blog about in 2012. Which is telling. 
It probably won't turn into one of those "mom blogs" if you know what I mean. You're welcome. Like soap shops, I can't really compete with the billion other mom blogs out there. Nor do I want to.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...