Friday, November 4, 2011

My Review of The Tree of Life, Stolen from Alice In Wonderland.

A few nights ago, we watched the movie The Tree of Life. It is a very visually stunning movie, but sort of....abstract...as to what it is about. Plus, a lot of the spoken words (I hesitate to say "dialogue") in the movie are actually whispered, and I cannot understand whispering 98% of the time. If you've ever whispered to me and I nodded, it was either:

A) I read your lips and understood
B) I was pretending I understood (saying "huh?" and looking confused just makes people whisper more)

I'm hard of hearing, people.

So, anyway, if I watch that movie again, I will demand that there are subtitles.

Last night we went and saw Geneva's play, Alice In Wonderland. We quite enjoyed it. 
At the beginning, Alice reads the famous Jabberwocky poem, and then gives her review of it...and I thought it was also the perfect review of The Tree of Life.
Since I can't remember exactly what was said, I have to thank the internets for filling in the words of this quote:
'It seems very pretty,' she said when she had finished it, 'but it's rather hard to understand!' (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) 'Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas---only I don't exactly know what they are!" 
Thanks, Lewis Carroll

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...