Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Big Picture

Ahh.  There is always more to learn about yourself, and today, I realized what I probably already should have known.  I am a big picture person.  While I am capable of being aware of details, I am not particularly gifted in that area.  I tend to be the most strung out when details are involved.  For awhile, I thought that that made me a detail person.  But really, when it boils down to it, details make me crazy.  The more I realize this, the more it becomes apparent to me.  The way I tell stories (skipping details that I don't think matter).  The way I stress out if I am in charge of planning an event (really, I should just leave this to people who actually like that kind of thing...the details just bog me down).  The way I remember the moral of the story, but none of the characters' names. 
Why haven't I realized this before?  I'm sure like all things, this can be both a strength and a weakness, but knowing is half the battle, right?  As always, I wonder how knowing this will look for me down the road, whether in whatever ministry the Lord has in store, or for how I will raise a family, etc.  (Shouldn't that "as always" be a clue that I am a big picture person?  I can be quite slow about realizing things like that though).

Now.  I'm torn about whether I should post one big picture here, or several smaller pictures?

I suppose I should stay true to myself:

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ironically, the picture is too big, and blogger cut it down for me. If you click on it, though, you will see the whole thing....or, I suspect that if you are looking at it in your reader, it will be the correct size. I think.

Laura said...

Also....probably why I suck at putting together jigsaw puzzles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...