Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Simple and Profound

We sang this today in chapel. An oldie but a goodie (we sang the whole song, not just the last stanza).

Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.

I think I used to think this verse was about Heaven (like all good last stanzas). But it dawned on me that it is now. Like the Kingdom of God. It is not some far off thing that is beyond us or "someday," it is near and it is now.

Ok. Sorry. I am not really a fan of posting lyrics. But these were pretty profound today (even though people generally like to showboat on the classics, me included sometimes). So I'm sharing.

And we're going to Vilnius this weekend, so hopefully this blog won't be so devoid of pictures. And let's not forget my staycation that will happen during fall break (last week of October). There will be so many pictures you will be begging for more lyrics.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...