Monday, October 7, 2013

Making pictures the old-fashioned way

So basically I go back and forth between wanting to develop the downtown area where I live, and reading books on sustainable farming. Currently I have 8 books on city planning requested from the library. I don't have money or business skills, and I don't have land or a love for being around animals. So I guess it's just me and my books and dreams for now. I thought of just writing a book and creating the town I want to live in, but I would only have fun creating the town. I don't want to create characters or figure out their conflicts and then resolve them.
I recently learned that there is a building for sale very close to where I want to put the town square. Were I to have the resources, this is what I would do:

Wait. First, here is a rough drawing of the current situation. I don't have paint on this computer, so I had to draw it with an actual pen, and then take a picture of it with my phone and email it to myself so I could post it here. I probably could've done it simpler, but that's not how I do.

There are probably some buildings and trees and such that I'm leaving out, but you get the idea.

If you remember my recent-ish post about the town square, you may remember my plan to tear down the old armory across from the courthouse and put in a town square where much merriment will take place. My newest development is finding out that the building across the street from the bank is for sale!

For Sale

The obvious move is for the bank to buy that building, and either tear it down or remodel it and turn it into their new location. That way we can tear down the current bank and make our town square even more awesome.

It just seems right, you know?
Ok. If you'll excuse me, I have 8 books to read, some pretend businesses to start, and a fountain to build.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...