Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Holding Cross - a bookmark

For graduation, my school sent me a Holding Cross. I am in cleaning mode and would like to throw away all of the packaging and information about it...but would like to keep the content. Hence the shameless posting of it on here. A bookmark of sorts.

Here's a picture, to keep you interested:
I just recently became an Instragram type of person. Fancy.

Even as I'm typing this out, I'm seeing that a lot of the information can be found online. Score. That saves me a lot of typing. Here is the Holding Cross website.

Isaiah 61:1 was our class verse:
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound..."

Also included were some things to get you started in prayer....I will just put the headlines, and then someday when I am looking for them, I will google them...or click on the link (clearly this post has no plan whatsoever!). The last prayer I couldn't find anywhere, so I just typed it.

Micah 6:8
Psalm 19:14
Luke 11:2-4

A Prayer of Renewal using the Five R's
Jesus, I Repent of my sins that I have done (be specific) and those left undone (be specific). I am sorry and ask for your forgiveness.

Jesus, I Renounce the things in my life that block your love from coming into my life and accepting you totally and completely as Lord of my life. I renounce (be specific) Lord, I willingly give up any power they have over my life.

Jesus, I Receive you as my Lord and Savior. Please come into my life; be my Lord and be my Savior. I give you my life, my work, my family, my recreation. I give you all of me.

Jesus, Release you Holy Spirit in me to guide me in all truth, all wisdom, all understanding and in all my ways. I give you, Holy Spirit, all power to set me free to live my life for Christ. Empower me and fill me.

Father, I now Rejoice giving you the glory for what you have done, what you are doing, and what you will do in me. I thank you for your favor and faithfulness to love me even when I am unloveable. Thank you, Lord, for saving me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...