Sunday, January 2, 2011

2. Take frugality to new, creative levels.

Not all of my explanations for my new year's resolutions will be as detailed and picture/map heavy as the sewing one.  For example, this one.
I feel like I am already pretty frugal, but would like to be even more so...especially given the fact that once school starts up again, I have opted to work zero hours per week at my part time job, in order to devote all of the time not used on schoolwork to hobbies and people (that, and I would like to devote more time to school, too).  Financially, I think we will manage, but I would still like to be proactive in not spending the X amount of dollars that I would be making each month at my job, were I to be working there.
So there is the immediate need to be more frugal, but also, I would like to develop habits that will last longer than this season of our lives, so as to be a good steward (stewardess?) of money and resources all the time, not just when we need to be.
So far, my plan is to eat at school A LOT (take advantage of the fact that we have a meal plan), walk when possible instead of drive, figure out how to make things that I would normally spend money on (shampoo, gifts, etc)...and that's about it so far.  I am not going to "stop buying things" for a year, or never travel anywhere, or never watch any movies, etc.  Mainly, because I feel those things are currently not things that dominate my budget, anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be some challenges, but for both the immediate need, and the bigger picture,  I hope that I can come up with a few more creative ways to be frugal in 2011.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...