Wednesday, April 7, 2010

More From Homeworks

Maybe by now you've noticed that my journaling homework is due on Wednesdays? Don't get too down on yourself if you haven't.

A couple of the questions that stood out to me from this week's chapter is,
"What are the parts of yourself that you have exiled to a hidden place within you? What are the marginalized and lost parts of who you are?" (p111)


How very profound. Especially when I consider number 7 on my To Do list for 2010.

This may be a big statement, but I think I have exiled my joy. I still am able to find some joys in my day to day duties...but a lot of times I feel like I have not had time to be myself or to do the things that I really enjoy*. I sing less and laugh less. I complain more. Joy used to be the fruit of the Spirit that came the most naturally to me. I would like to reclaim that.


Someone wise often told me, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." I think I might try it and see what happens.


*In sticking with my new motto, I won't list here things that I don't enjoy...but maybe someday I will do a post about all the things that I do enjoy. To remind myself. Please don't confuse my lack of joy with depression. I really don't think that I am depressed. It's not like I don't feel like doing the things I used to enjoy. I am really physically just strapped for time/over scheduled...too prone to work-a-holism.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...