Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Song in my head.

Ok, so when we got here, there were some tall ship races going on. As we stood in the harbor watching the ships parade away, one ship (MIR, I think) had the most beautiful exit song. I don't know the name of it, except that it is a majestic sounding, familiar opera. That evening, with the song fresh in my head, I tried to figure out the name of it. No such luck.

Fast forward to today, I am sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch, and this same song is playing on the radio. Now I am determined to figure it out!

Here are some clues that I can come up with:
Opera
A duet sung by a man and a woman
Familiar tune
Majestic

Then I went online to a virtual piano (I'm in my office, no actual piano in here), and plunked around until I could figure out the notes to the most familiar part...matched with paint brush, here is what I could come up with:


I don't know what time or key the song is in. Sorry.
In case my artwork is hard to read, here are the notes:

GBACBG...and then up an octave...GF#DGF#DBD

Anyone? Anyone? Help me out, I'm losing my mind!

PS: Aunt Linda, send me an email if you know it!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Laura hanson, I knew there was a reason I liked you!

Laura said...

Glad I could bring it to light! :)

I'm not ashamed to say that I've listened to the song about 20 times since yesterday evening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...