Monday, December 28, 2009

Goodbye, 2009.

Remember last January when I had a different blog and made up some new year's resolutions? Well, it's time for a progress report, so that I can go into 2010 with a clear conscious and a new list of things to accomplish.

Here is the list for this year, with my current thoughts in Italics.

1. Start and complete a 500-1000 piece jig-saw puzzle (This will be difficult. Challenging. And I may have to start now if I want to finish by the end of the year. I am not good at jig-saw puzzles).
Completed this last January. Have not done a puzzle since. Am ok with that.

2. Work my way up to eating 5 servings of fruit per day (I've learned that I can't start cold-turkey. Mmmm.....turkey).
Not even close to that. But I have tried to eat more fruit than usual for me (no fruit is usual). Instead of trying to eat things I don't like, I ate the few fruits I do like...apples, bananas, tomatoes, avocados, and orange juice.

3. Reduce more, Recycle more, Reuse more (not because it's green, but because it's what I've been taught since childhood)
I can't say for sure if I've done this more, but I still try to do this consistently, and whenever possible. I'm glad "green" is not really a trendy term anymore (or maybe it still is, and I am out of touch?).

4. Continue to try to like tea. Learn more about the different kinds enough to have an educated conversation about tea with someone who loves it.
Not there yet. It is a shame that I only drink tea when it is cold and there is no coffee available. Otherwise I could've maybe had this one. I did try some Albanian mountain tea, and also drank my weight in chai tea latte mix....which probably doesn't count for much, being sugar is the main ingredient in those mixes (the Albanian tea does count for a lot though).

5. Practice Lithuanian
I have done this! I am still not a very good speaker, but I am getting to be a better hearer of Lithuanian.

6. Learn the Russian alphabet, and some words
I did learn the alphabet last spring, and have practiced reading every chance I get...but I think I've forgotten about a fourth of the letters. And I still know about the same amount of words.

7. Read the manual for our camera
Did this a little bit on a train in Sweden, but not nearly enough. This might be a goal for oh ten.

8. Stop touching facial blemishes
I'm trying to get better, I really am. Not there yet.

9. Learn more about the church calendar
Still want to do this. Completely forgot about this goal. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...