- maker of heaven and earth.
- who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
- and born of the virgin Mary,
- suffered under Pontius Pilate,
- was crucified, died and was buried.
- He descended to hell.
- On the third day He rose again from the dead.
- He ascended into heaven
- and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
- From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
- the holy catholic church,
- the communion of saints,
- the forgiveness of sins,
- the resurrection of the body,
- and the life everlasting. Amen.
The Ten Commandments, as found in Exodus 20, NLT
Commandment 13 "You must not have any other god but me.
Commandment 24 "You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. 5 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. 6 But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.
Commandment 37 "You must not misuse the name of the Lord your God. The Lord will not let you go unpunished if you misuse his name.
Commandment 48 "Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 You have six days each week for your ordinary work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the Lord your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.
Commandment 512 "Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
Commandment 613 "You must not murder.
Commandment 714 "You must not commit adultery.
Commandment 815 "You must not steal.
Commandment 916 "You must not testify falsely against your neighbor.
Commandment 1017 "You must not covet your neighbor’s house. You must not covet your neighbor’s wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else that belongs to your neighbor."
The Lord's Prayer
- Our Father who art in heaven,
- hallowed be thy name.
- Thy kingdom come.
- Thy will be done
- on earth as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread,
- and forgive us our trespasses,
- as we forgive those who trespass against us,
- and lead us not into temptation,
- but deliver us from evil.
- For thine is the kingdom,
- and the power, and the glory,
- for ever and ever.