2. Sometimes you just know whether or not it is "the one" right away.
3. Others, you need to stay with for awhile before you know.
4. A lot of times, you stay longer than you should with the wrong one, just because you are happy to at least be somewhere, and you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, particularly if you've been with them for a while.
5. Down the road, would you like to have children with this person/church?
6. You need to put in some effort too, relationships go both ways.
7. What is the fellowship like?
8. You might ask around a bit before getting involved with a particular person/church you don't know much about.
9. It takes extra work if there is a clash of cultures and/or expectations.
10. None are perfect, all have various flaws
Sorry. This really isn't a "funny" list. We are currently looking for a church to go to. We went to one this morning that we liked, but we would have to visit a few more times to really be sure. It's so hard because where one church just doesn't cut it, another one does....but then that other one just doesn't cut it in a different way. It is tiring.
|A church in Toronto. Not the church we attend.|