Friday, February 18, 2011

My weekly Moorman Post

Maybe you've noticed that every Friday I post a quote or two (or three) from this book.  That is because Friday is the day that I do my church history homework.  Today is no different.

I just read this, and love it:

"But, behind personal and family quarrels, lay a growing desire for national solidarity and unity.  Men were beginning to dream dreams of a country where men would live together in freedom and unity, where trade and industry would flourish, and where religion and learning would advance together in the ways of wisdom and truth.  A new day was breaking; new opportunities were arising; ideas and customs which men had long accepted as natural were now beginning to look a little tarnished and out of date."
Page 138, on 15th Century England

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...