Friday, February 26, 2010

path (there's no way I can avoid the "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy" voice, but bear with me)

Last night, as I was walking on the path from the sidewalk to the dorm, I thought about how it's a lot like life. For me anyway. Right now.

I should elaborate. The path from the sidewalk to the dorm is path only because people walk there. It is not a path that was made with the intention of being a path. It is in the snow, and there isn't much in the way of lighting, other than the sun or the moon, depending on the time of the day. During the day, you can see the path, and stay on it. It is well worn down, and even though it is made of snow, it has been walked on enough that it is as solid as a sidewalk. It is a pretty good makeshift path.

During the evening, when it is dark and foggy, and the only light you can see is the light coming from the dorm, you just have to trust that the path is there and walk toward the dorm, even though you can only just barely see the path.

And that's a lot like my life, I think. Often times I can see maybe where I need to go, but have no idea how it will look to accomplish it. But somehow I manage, because I've seen how God has worked it out in the past...I've seen how the path looks in the daytime.

Anyway, more about that later. I haven' posted in a while, and the video with the pink gloves often blocks my view of if anyone has updated their blog. So it's time I changed that. Hopefully. More on what I can see as the goal, and not knowing how to get there later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...