Monday, April 4, 2011

Two things. I'm probably committing fashion suicide. But I will risk it.

1.  Ever since recently adding the "You might also like" options at the bottom of every post (probably won't show up in your reader, but cool if it does), I have been more inspired to have a picture in each post. I would love it if every picture was taken by me instead of having a google image, but for this particular post, we will all have to settle for google imaging, because I just don't have the time or resources to go out and take these particular pictures.

2.  I like shoes just as much as the next girl (and boy), but for some reason there are a ton of shoes recently (and by recently, I mean within the last couple of years) that are just not appealing to me.  Sorry if I offend you or if you happen to have all of these styles in your closet. You are much more stylish and current than I am!  Here are a few that I could think of off the top of my head:

It's all of the excess straps that I can't deal with.  I like the pointy heal. 


You'd think these would be right up my alley.  But they just seem so....barnish to me.  Even if they are colorful.  I prefer my boots to be brown or black...and definitely not rubber. 



Sorry. I know, all the cool kids are wearing them.  And now all the cool kids have stopped reading my blog.  But, to me these seem like the hipster version of crocs.  I'm sure they are very comfortable (even if they don't look it...to me, they look like they are pushing people's toes in toward their heal), but they are visually unappealing. Who knows, though.  I still wear crocs (which are more visually unappealing, but very comfortable), so maybe someday some Toms will be in my closet.  If someone gives them to me as gift. (maybe I can be one of the recipients of the "other pair of toms shoes"? For every pair you buy, they give a pair to someone in need*.)


Please don't stop being my friend.  If you came to visit me and had only these kinds of shoes in your suitcase, I probably wouldn't even say anything about it.



*I of course am being flippant.  I don't need another pair of shoes.

4 comments:

Lauryn said...

Laura, Toms shoes aren't just ugly shoes, they're ugly shoes that make you feel hip and like you've made a difference in the world.

I say, take the 30 bucks you'd spend on the trendy Toms shoes, buy yourself some actually cute shoes for $10 at Payless, then donate the other $20 to buy (more than one pair of) shoes for someone in need.

Laura said...

Good idea!

Kristi said...

Ha! I actually own shoes that look almost identical to the first pair in your list - I wore them once for a wedding (literally once, I have not put them back on since that day). The secret to the straps is that there is a zipper to get into them...however, not the most comfortable shoes ever.

Laura said...

Nice! I hope I didn't offend you, it was just the first three shoes I could think of. :) They are all very much in style, that's for sure! Probably once I start liking them, then they won't be in style anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...