Saturday, November 27, 2010

jet lag

I wonder if I could make myself become a morning person by incorporating skills in getting over jet lag.

Here are 2 main ways that I could think of off the top of my head.

1.  When you are trying to get over extreme jet lag, it is just helpful to force yourself to go to bed and get up when you want to, even though your body is fighting it.  This has to be a key way of making yourself into a morning person.  Not only forcing yourself to get up early, but also making yourself go to bed a lot earlier (might even be the harder of the two).

2.  It is important to get into a normal pattern of eating.  When I'm jet lagged, I will wake up in the middle of the night hungry, because my body thinks it should be lunch time.  Perhaps if I train my body to be hungry in the morning (which it almost never is), then I can train it to wake up earlier?  I suppose this also has just as much to do with forcing myself to eat in the morning as it does to just not eat anything in the evening.



Ok.  This post if kind of lame.  But it's what I've been thinking about lately.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...