Saturday, July 24, 2010

Discovering coffee-flavored yogurt

This one seems pretty straight forward. In the past month, I have discovered that there is such a thing as coffee-flavored yogurt. Warning.  This post is longer than it needs to be, and very, very mundane.  After a summer of not posting much, I need to ease into these things.

I don't like yogurt, or so I thought.  Why would anyone want to eat a dairy-based, fruit-flavored pudding? That's what I sometimes would ask.

Because Steve likes yogurt, I was in the yogurt aisle at the grocery store, totally overwhelmed with all of the choices (and every one of them was on some sort of sale....9 for 6 dollars, or 20 for 10 dollars, etc), and looking at each different brand, when I discovered a small section of yogurts that is not flavored with fruit. They had plain, vanilla, and coffee. So in addition to a bunch of fruit flavored ones for Steve, I got one of each of the other 3 flavors. Then I headed to the granola aisle to see if I could find some suitable crunchy texture to add to the yogurt.  There are a lot of options, and some of them are pricey (maybe some of this post could lead into another one about reverse culture shocks...although I need more time to reflect before I post about that).

Anyway, here are the results of trying non-fruity yogurt:
The Vanilla yogurt was a bit much.  I needed A LOT of granola to get it down.
The Plain yogurt...I'm still too chicken to try it. But if I eventually do try it, and like it, then I'm in luck, because they sell it by the bucket full.
The Coffee yogurt............LOVE IT. Still need lots of granola to get it down, but it is so good! And I feel somewhat healthy eating it.

Anyway.  I have discovered coffee-flavored yogurt, and more so, yogurt.  And granola.  I would recommend Bear Naked brand and Cascadian Farm Organic.  And Dannon, for the coffee yogurt.

So long, cereal and milk.


....except Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds.  I could never quit you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...